Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Introductory Post

I am a current Women in Engineering director for the University of Waterloo. I am studying Mechatronics Engineering and I am currently in 3rd year.

At the University of Waterloo the Undergraduate enrollment in Engineering is only about 16%. The percentage of women varies between programs with some programs as high as 50% and others as low as 3%.

In my class of approximately 100 students, there are only 7 women (Which means this picture from last year's Engineering Semi-Formal shows 43% of the women in my class!)

I am planning to blog about the experiences of undergraduate women in engineering with the hope of broadening the perceptions of engineering as a profession.

3 comments:

  1. And it is likewise a modest unavoidable truth which can't be kept away from. I might well http://bestcustomessay.org have had the capacity to piece over three thousand following endeavors throughout my few hours of surfing,

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter has been suffering from an eating disorder, severe social anxiety and depression for many years now. Danielle is absolutely right that mental health illness affects every member of the family, not just the sufferer. Photography is my therapy; I am able to lose myself in it and forget my troubles at least for a while, and when you’re dealing with MH this is key – take it one day at a time, one picture at a time. To see more info please visit essayswriters.org/dissertation

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a very informative and useful post thanks it is good material to read this post increases my knowledge. South Florida Divorce lawyer

    ReplyDelete